hi there!

hello!
If you've found this post, I want to thank you for stopping by Blue Sage Baby + Kids. This has been a true labor of love and I am so thrilled you are here!

I want to introduce myself and give you a glimpse of what inspired me to open Blue Sage Baby + Kids.

I knew I wanted to open my own boutique when I was in high school. I always loved the creativity that went into putting together an outfit. I am actually cringing now thinking about the outfits that I would wear or how I would I would accessorize our school uniform. It was also during those same teenage years that I developed my entrepreneurial spirit. I went through a lot of business ideas including dog walking, jewelry making and sewing bags - just to name a few, however I knew that opening a boutique was in my future. Thankfully my style has evolved quite a bit since my high school days and while I still enjoy getting dressed up, you will usually find me in a tee shirt, jeans and sneakers. My new adult uniform, while chic, is pretty much relegated to anything that is kid-proof and machine washable.

My career path has fortunately mirrored my love of creativity and fashion. I began working and gaining experience in small speciality boutiques and Neiman Marcus. From there, I transitioned to the corporate side of retail at Cato Fashions where I worked as an Assistant Buyer before being promoted to Senior Assistant Buyer. I loved working on the corporate side. I liked the idea of being behind the scenes and bringing ideas to life in the form of a top or a skirt. I enjoyed learning about different fabrics and what makes each one so unique or how to adjust a garment in our fit sessions so it will fit just right on the customer. It was a very stressful job, but I enjoyed what I did. And then one sweet boy changed it all...

Gregory was born in January 2016. You get a new sense of pride and a desire to be the best version of yourself after you have a kid. I wanted to be the best mother I could be to Gregory and I quickly learned that there is no such thing as a perfect parent. Some days there are more meltdowns than smiles and that's okay. Being a mother also gave me a new confidence and I wanted G to be proud of me. Of course, I hoped he would be no matter what, but I especially wanted him to be proud that I pursued my dreams. After a lot of soul searching, I was inspired to start something of my own - and that is how Blue Sage Baby + Kids was born. Blue Sage is the name of the street I grew up on. To me, it represents all the playful memories of my childhood and my goal is to translate those memories into the clothes and accessories in the shop. Hopefully Blue Sage will be part of creating those memories for your little ones.
xx
Cath 

Comments

Popular Posts